About Easy Matatu
Easy Matatu is redefining public transport in Africa by connecting commuters to Easy Matatu-trained minibus-taxi (locally known as matatu) drivers who offer safer, cleaner and more reliable journeys on vetted and maintained vehicles with transparent pricing.
In 2020, our team grew from 4 to 19 and our customers by four-fold. We have ambitious plans for 2021, including serving 5x more monthly repeat users and to operate 10x more trips per day across all routes.
Easy Matatu has received recognition for its work as a winner of the Sustainable Mobility Challenge by Total and Vinci Energies.
Senior Software Architect
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Architect to make intuitive high level decisions for our engineering team. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team.
A great Senior Software Architect has a strong technical background and is well rounded in several aspects of software engineering and infrastructure. They are experienced in designing and possess ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions.
- Collaborate with other engineers to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Approve final product before launch
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages and frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- MSc/MA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org