Easy Matatu is changing the way commuters live by changing the way they travel to work, to their home, and everywhere in between. Working with minibus taxis we are building a network of trained and trusted drivers and pre-vetted minibuses to provide safe, clean, and reliable public transport.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a seed-stage company that has received support from the Shell Foundation, Total, and MTN. Come join us as part of an integral part of the business with an impact on day one.
We are looking for a committed, and flexible Operations Manager with leadership potential to oversee our operations across different routes in the greater Kampala area and ensure Easy Matatu’s operations are meeting the standards we promise to our customers.
The specific duties of an Operations Manager include ensuring trips are run in a smooth and timely manner, monitoring and enforcing driver standards, recruiting and training, and onboarding new drivers.
- Ensure all trips are run in a timely and smooth manner.
- Monitor and enforce driver standards.
- Ensure that drivers comply with road safety, customer service, and operational guidelines.
- Ensure that all drivers meet branding standards and guidelines.
- Work with field teams to recruit, onboard and train new drivers.
- Sets and monitors productivity, service, and safety targets for each route and driver.
- Work closely with the customer support team to update on ride status.
- Ensures ride completion reports are sent in.
- Documents problem fixes and provides instructions to customer support should problems recur.
- Reviews weekly demand/volume for routes, determines potential gains from re-routing and recommends re-routes to the Head of operations.
- Conducts Root Cause Investigations for all incidents ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
- Reviews and audits documentation related to route operations on a daily basis (e.g., DVIRs, driver time and attendance, open tickets), following-up where appropriate.
- Proven work experience as an operations manager or similar role
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operational management
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com