About Easy Matatu
Easy Matatu is redefining public transport in Africa by connecting commuters to Easy Matatu-trained minibus-taxi (locally known as matatu) drivers who offer safer, cleaner and more reliable journeys on vetted and maintained vehicles with transparent pricing.
In 2020, our team grew from 4 to 19 and our customers by four-fold. We have ambitious plans for 2021, including serving 5x more monthly repeat users and to operate 10x more trips per day across all routes.
Easy Matatu has received recognition for its work as a winner of the Sustainable Mobility Challenge by Total and Vinci Energies.
Head of Customer Experience
The Head of Customer Experience engages our customers to drive adoption and demonstrate ongoing value. This critical function helps build Easy Matatu’s long-term competitive advantage, retain loyal customers and create strategies to increase the value customers derive from Easy Matatu. The Head of Customer Experience will work across all teams to uncover new ways to make Easy Matatu a better way to travel and to improve our product.
- Drive retention, usage, and growth among our new and most valuable customers by understanding their needs.
- Manage and optimize the customer journey to improve onboarding, engagement and retention.
- Working with the Data Analyst, draw insights from data, track KPI’s and present findings to the leadership team and stakeholders regularly.
- Design initiatives and customer loyalty programs with a data-centric approach to increase customer retention and repeat usage.
- Create & implement internal customer happiness metrics.
- Work closely with the sales team, identifying and highlighting commercial opportunities.
- Synthesize customer feedback and work with internal teams to respond to customer needs.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of experience in Customer Success, Relationship Management, Account Management, or similar role.
- The ability to analyze large data sets derive insight and present findings on a regular basis.
- Experience managing a team including hiring, onboarding and training.
- Results-driven mentality, with a bias for speed and action.
- Comfort in a dynamic, start-up environment – we move quickly and wear many hats
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org