About Easy Matatu
Easy Matatu is redefining public transport in Africa by connecting commuters to Easy Matatu-trained minibus-taxi (locally known as matatu) drivers who offer safer, cleaner and more reliable journeys on vetted and maintained vehicles with transparent pricing.
In 2020, our team grew from 4 to 19 and our customers by four-fold. We have ambitious plans for 2021, including serving 5x more monthly repeat users and to operate 10x more trips per day across all routes.
Easy Matatu has received recognition for its work as a winner of the Sustainable Mobility Challenge by Total and Vinci Energies.
Digital Marketing Manager/Specialist
If you live and breathe digital marketing, we want to talk to you. We are looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist to develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels.
What does a Digital Marketing Specialist do?
You should have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution. Digital marketing Specialists will work with the marketing team, supporting teams (such as programmers), and vendors to launch campaigns on time and on budget.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create user interfaces and optimize user experience
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- Proven working experience in digital marketing
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing user interfaces and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Ad campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org