Easy Matatu is a mobility-as-a-service platform that is fixing public transport in Africa. We harness vetted privately owned minibuses to operate scheduled rides driven by trained and trusted drivers accessible to commuters through a mobile app, USSD code and toll-free number. We have grown rapidly since our founding in 2019 currently operating >40 minibuses on >6 routes in Kampala and transporting >50K people monthly. We are currently looking for a COO to oversee company operations as we rapidly scale across Africa.
What you will do
- Lead execution: Collaborate with the CEO to set business and operational strategy, translating it into concrete OKRs broken down into quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily goals and distilling them across the organization. Success looks like every individual in the organization able to connect his/her daily activities to weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual organizational goals
- Oversee company operations: Work with the executive team to establish accountability mechanisms setting regular meetings and reporting cadences. Identify challenges and bottlenecks to inform strategy and enable structured problem-solving across the organization.
- Establish process: Work with the executive team to define and document practices, policies and procedures preparing the organization for scale. Own employee recruitment and onboarding to maintain and enhance a performance-based and process-oriented culture.
- Operational excellence: Work with operations, customer support and product teams to ensure that the company is consistently delivering on its value proposition to its partners, drivers and customers. Success looks like delighted customers, drivers and partners.
Who you are
- Super organized entrepreneur – You are a founder at heart who loves building things, getting in early and seeing them grow. You merge your quick ability to learn with your love for processes and systems and you’ve done this before at a scale-up, first growing division or business.
- Tech-savvy – You are a lover of technology though it might not be your core competence – you know how to harness it to get the job done scalably and efficiently. You are proficient with several cloud-based analytics tools and you love to roll up your sleeves and get down and dirty in the data
- Strategic thinker – You love to ask why several times getting to the root cause of problems and challenges to focus your time and effort. You are a first principles thinker breaking down situations into components to unlock creative solutions.
- People person – You are great at forging relationships and managing people. You know how to motivate and inspire dedication from teams effectively blending leadership and management skills.
What we offer
- A competitive salary in addition to stock compensation
- High level of autonomy on the leadership team with the opportunity to shape the culture of a young vibrant founding team
- Based in Kampala, Uganda – a beautiful, diverse and multicultural African paradise
- Health insurance – For you and your dependents